Steampunk Debutante Mini Album




Hello and welcome back to FSP Blog!

My next project share is a mini album using Graphic 45's Steampunk Debutante Deluxe Collectors Edition paper collection. This is another fun and quirky paper line where you can really stretch your imagination with album design, I certainly did!



 The cover was made using embossing folders and a faux painting technique which causes the embossed paper to look like old copper. The embossing folders used were from Tim Holtz's new line of 3-D Texture Fades. The detail in this line of folders is amazing. There are two layers on the cover, the first are the embossed doors which were given a green copper patina, the second layer is the groupings of gears painted to look similar to an old copper penny. If you would like to see how I achieved both looks you can visit my Instagram account for a short video demonstration.



I made a tutorial on how I constructed the base of each page, which you can easily customize to suit your style or needs. A word of warning though, be sure not to build up your pages too large/thick because it can cause problems with the way your pages lay. As I mention in the video, if i had to do it over again, I would put the different elements from the one page, on several pages for a better result.

Here is a look at the completed album and be sure to check out the links below the video for information on the products I used. Enjoy!




 photo Untitled_zps3d5pbb4k.png
Follow my blog with Bloglovin



Tim Holtz Embossing Folders

Mechanics 3-D Texture Fade Embossing Folder
Foundry 3-D Texture Fades Embossing Folder
Medallions 3-D impresslits

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Graphic 45 2019 Brand Ambassador Audition

Mini Lighted Shadowbox Vignettes Tutorial