Treasure Hunt- The little Wooden Stamp Set




If beauty is in the eye of the beholder, then I think these little gems are gorgeous!!

I love, love, love vintage office supplies, I don't know why, but I do! In the last couple of years I've become a part of the Happy Mail sending, envelope collage creating, Junk Journal making world. I saw these wooden number stamps and needed them in my life. As Marie Kwando would say, "They sparked joy!" The set came with numbers 0-9, a decimal point, and 1/2 and cent symbols. 

They're a good size too, larger than I originally thought they were.



Excited to give them a try, I found they were a little rough and needed some TLC.


When I tried to stamp with them they were only leaving a partial impression. It seems that years of the wood being dry had caused them to shrivel a bit in the center. I tried using a juicy ink pad and even foam rubber mat under the paper but I needed a different solution. Grabbing some fine grit sandpaper I slowly and carefully started to sand them down, making sure to keep them as flat as possible so one side of the number wouldn't end up higher than the other. 


You can see in the photo above what some of the impressions looked like before sanding then after. 
Overall, my little fix turned out well and I can't wait to use them for a future project. 

 photo Untitled_zps3d5pbb4k.png
Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Graphic 45 2019 Brand Ambassador Audition

Mini Lighted Shadowbox Vignettes Tutorial