About Florida Sand Paper Blog

Hey everybody this is Stacey!

Welcome to Florida Sand Paper Blog!

On the blog I will be sharing videos from my YouTube channel of project shares, projects for sale, and photos teases of upcoming creations. Expect to see paper, paint, an occasional vintage find, and other artsy stuff.

It is my hope that I can inspire your in some way, whether it be an idea that you hadn't thought of as an experienced creator or, motivating you to create something for the first time!

You're never too old, to learn something new, to create beautiful art, or Wabi Sabi your way through to your vision of perfection.  Wabi Sabi, a Japanese term for finding the beauty in something that is imperfect, or as i like to say, perfectly imperfect.  We'll talk about another meaning for Wabi Sabi in a future blog post.




My logo photo (above) was taken at beautiful Madeira Beach located off the Gulf of Mexico in Florida. I wanted a photo that would represent my idea of what Florida Sand Paper is. Since, as they say, necessity is the mother of invention, and I have some halfway decent photography skills, I made three paper boats and went to the beach for an early morning photography session. As you can see it was a beautiful morning. I must have been quite the site laying on a towel in the sand, camera in hand, taking pictures of these three little boats. I’d never done anything like that before and it was fun! You end up taking what seems like a hundred pictures to get a few good ones. It’s almost like a treasure hunt when you are examining all of those pictures for the perfect one. This picture was “the one,” and even though it may not be perfect by professional standards, it’s my Wabi Sabi, perfectly imperfect.

I hope this blog post inspires you to step out of your comfort zone and try something new, you never know, there could be an exciting new experience or a piece of art that comes from it.

Below are a couple more pictures from that days photo session.





Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you back here soon!
 photo Untitled_zps3d5pbb4k.png

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Graphic 45 2019 Brand Ambassador Audition

Mini Lighted Shadowbox Vignettes Tutorial